VicTsing VTIN Waterproof 1080p WiFi Action Camera review
Today I am reviewing the VicTsing VTIN Waterproof 1080p WiFi Action Camera.
Product features:(Taken from Amazon product listing)
- Built-in 2-inch HD LCD Display on the back. 170-degree wide-angle fisheye lens allow you to shoot stunning scenes. Six layers of HD glass lens makes crystal clear and high-quality pictures. No need of focusing.
- NTK96655 + AR0330 Solution. Capture high-definition 12MP photos and full HD 1080P videos at the speed of 30fps. 720P@30fps, 720P@60fps, WVGA, VGA are available. Play back videos and pictures and support fast forward/rewind the videos. Allows to set ISO Sensitivity, Exposure Compensation, White Balance, Image Sharpness etc to get high-quality images.
- Built-in WIFI Function for Wireless Connectivity, easy to transfer the pictures and videos to your smartphones and tablets. Download the free APP(Final Cam), and take full control of your camera through WIFI function. WIFI wireless range up is about 50 feet(15 meters).
- Waterproof & Powerful. Equipped with a waterproof case, you can take shots underwater to 98 feet (30m), ideal for outdoor activities, like swimming, drifting, surfing etc. Support loop recording, motion detecting, time-lapses. So it also can be used as a car recorder, webcam.
- Perfect Accessories. Coming with some free accessories, it is easy for you to use it in all kinds of environment, including waterproof case, bicycle stand, clip, bandage, mount, adhesive tape etc. You can take pictures underwater, from your bicycle, various indoor and outdoor activities.
This action camera by VicTsing is rather impressive in terms of design. It has a matt black finish which really gives it a sleek and stylish look. there are four buttons located on the camera that all have various functions, some of the buttons do more than one thing, for example, the power button also acts as a mode button, which allows you to cycle through the menu and different functions of the camera. The left-hand side is home to a Mini HDMI port, a MicroSD slot and a MicroUSB port. The bottom side is home to the battery cover that hides the rechargeable battery. Around the back is a 2 inch HD screen that allows you to view as you record, which leads me to the WiFi feature which allows you to use your phone as a screen for the camera as well as the cameras built in screen. The lens sits at the front of the camera and sticks out slightly.
As this is an action camera, it wouldn’t be complete without any way to use it. Luckily this kit comes with all the basic accessories needed to get your action recording underway. These accessories include attachments for your belt, attachments for your helmet, your bike handlebars and so much more including an extra battery. If you ever need more accessories, you will be pleased to know most of the ”Go pro” accessories sold online will work with the camera. The main accessory though is the waterproof casing which is can be removed from the camera at any time. This casing allows you to use the camera when out in rain or even when swimming. I tested it outside in heavy rain a few days ago and the camera itself remained moisture free.
Using the camera is rather easy, particularly if you have previous experience with this sort of thing, if not the manual included gives clear instructions on how to use the product. Navigating through the menus and different modes is rather easy to do. There’s also a settings menu which allows you to change all sorts of settings such as the resolution, which by default is set to the highest of 1080p and the image size which by default is set to 12 megapixels, but can be changed to 5, 8 or 10 as well as 12. There are tonnes more options like date stamp and language, which are all changed through the settings menu. All in all, there are 6 pages of settings options on the main settings menu.
I haven’t tested out the WiFi mode yet, as I have no interest in this mode at this moment in time as I find the 2-inch screen is simply enough and does a great job at allowing me to view as I record and even check photos and watch videos without having to hook the camera up to my phone or PC.
At 12 megapixels I have found the photos produced by this to very good, particularly in daylight situations, although due to a lack of flash, night-time photos are very dark. Do expect to see some graininess in photos as well. Video recording also yields some great results but these aren’t really any better than what you would find on a mobile phone. At the end of the day, you’re only ever going to get near brilliant results from a camera designed for professional photography. These cameras always seem to be on par with phones in terms of photo and video quality. As I decided to use it on my bike, I did also have a lot of issues with camera shake, which of course is unavoidable, particularly if you’re riding a bike. This wasn’t a huge problem and not something that would put me off personally. I should also point out, you will require a MicroSD memory card to record videos and takes photos with this camera.
Overall: A fun little product that is very much like a Go Pro, but a much cheaper price, with a more value for money approach in my eyes. Camera quality probably isn’t as good as a Go pro, but the price justifies this. You really can’t go wrong with this, plus a built-in screen makes it a winner in my eyes.
DISCLAIMER: I received this for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Check it out here:
9.6 out of 10 earns this a Gold Reviews Insider Star.