VicTsing Portable Slim Blu-Ray Player/CD and DVD RW review
Today I am reviewing the VicTsing Portable Slim Blu-Ray Player/CD and DVD RW Drive.
Product features:(Taken From Amazon Product Listing)
- Powerful Functions. This external ODD device is a player&burner. With great 12.7mm internal chip, this allows to read 3D Blu-ray disc, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc and write CD, DVD, etc. It is easy for you to watch 3D movies.
- USB3.0 Technology. With USB3.0 port and strong error-correcting ability, faster data transfer. It is also backwards compatible with USB2.0 and USB1.0. Applicable to a notebook, laptop, desktop.
- Simple Operation. Plug and play, powered by USB port. No extra driver needed. Just plug it into a computer and it will be detected. Enclosed with two USB cables, USB3.0 is used for data transmission and power supply, USB2.0 is used for extra power supply, which ensures to supply sufficient power, read&write discs more fluently and smoothly.
- Support Boot USB CD-ROM. With this CD/DVD burner, you can install the system by yourself ( can not be used to install Apple System). Compatible with Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Mac OS 8.6 and above.
- High-Quality and Compact. Advanced aluminum alloy outer case, which is robust and strong enough to withstand abrasion and corrosion. Grinding process finish surface, sleek and fashionable design. Lightweight, and easy to carry.
This external drive is very pleasing to the eye, as it offers a sleek silver colouring with a black drive taking presence at the front of the device. Around the back are two ports, one for the main USB transfer and the other for the power supply. The power supply isn’t always needed however as its main purpose is providing power for the Blu-Ray element of the drive. As for it’s thickness, it’s a slim as it can be to say it uses a proper disc drawer instead of a slot method for loading discs.
The disc drawer itself has a button for opening it and is closed by simply pushing it back into the casing.
Something I’m really happy with is the fact it uses removable cables instead of built-in cables, which in the past has always been a problem for me, with the drives I have reviewed for VicTsing, always been criticised by me for their lack of removable cables. Of course, though the length of the cables is still short, but it’s a start none the less and I’m sure it can’t be too hard to get some longer ones somewhere online.
Setting the disc drive up is quite easy as it is Plug and Play, meaning it’s a case of plugging it in and going right away.
I haven’t had the opportunity to test this drive with Blu-Ray disc’s yet as unfortunately the only Blu-Ray discs I own are for the Playstation 4. I do have some blank ones, however, but this drive can only read Blu-Ray disc and unfortunately not burn to them, however for both CD’s and DVD’s it can be used as a burner. I have used it to both read and write to CD’s and DVD’s and it does a great job with brilliant speeds for each of the two storage mediums. In use it’s quiet and unless you look at it, you don’t know it’s there.
A sleek and stylish looking drive that does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s quiet in use and has fast read and write speeds.
Please Note: I received this for free in return for my honest and unbiased review.
Check it out here: