EC Technology Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder
Today I am reviewing the EC Technology Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder.
Product Features:(Taken From Amazon Product Listing)
- One Size Fits All: This EC technology car mount holder is compatible with most of the smartphones and GPS devices with 50mm and 90mm wide
- Easy to Install: Easy 3-Step Installation: connect the cradle and the mount, stick it on your dash and insert your phone. To adjust position, simply lift up the suction pad and place it down somewhere else
- 360-degree Viewing: Portrait? Landscape? Somewhere in between? With this thing, you can have any angle you like, whenever you like
- Powerful Sticky Gel Pad: The car mount holder is equipped with large sticky gel suction pad allows to securely sticks to any flat, smooth surface like the dashboard with an easy use mechanism. Most importantly, the suction pad will not leave any residue mark on the dashboard or windshield after usage which is nice and clean
- What’s included: 1x Car Mount Holder, 1x User Manual
This Car mount holder by EC Technology comes in two parts, the phone bracket and the stand. This set comes packaged which each piece separate from the other. Assembling the holder is a rather easy and very quick 10-second job that requires simply pushing the ball end of the stand into the hole end of the bracket and tightening the two together using the thumb nut on the back of the bracket. The ball at the stop of the stand allows the bracket to be rotated and angled at many different positions.
On the back of the bracket are two buttons, one adjusts the side arms of the bracket allowing the bracket to hold phones between 50 mm and 90 mm wide, whilst the bottom button pulls the base area down, allowing for longer or shorter phones to be used with the bracket.
Once assembled, a sticky gel suction plate in the bottom of the stand is used to attach the car mount holder to the dashboard. This sticky gel suction plate is easy to use as it simply sticks down to the surface and is locked and unlocked using a lever clip on the front of the stand.
I have tested this with both my HTC One M9 and my Moto X, the Moto X is the one in the photos as I use my M9 as my main phone. It held both phones very securely and the with the strength of the suction cup, I was confident the stand would stay put in the very shaky interior of a moving vehicle, when I tested this in my friend’s car, I wasn’t let down at all by the strength of the suction cup. Once I removed the holder from the dash of the car, I was very relieved to notice it hadn’t left any residue behind from the sticky gel.
At only £5.09 (At the time of this review) you really can’t go wrong, this really doesn’t seem like a product that would normally sell this cheap as the overall build quality is great and it does a fantastic job of securely holding phones.
DISCLAIMER: I received this for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Check it out here: